Monday, December 26, 2011

Chance and Choice - Possibilities

Possibilities
This painting was composed using three different photos I took on my trip to India: an older woman who seemed beat down by life, a young girl in a small town in northern India, with many of life's possibilities ahead of her, and a woman doing a hand stand in front of the Taj Mahal, symbolizing a world of possibilities.

The window of the train separates the older woman from the two with more abundant possibilities. Or perhaps it is the young girl looking in at a mirror of a potential future self.



















Possibilities

Oil on canvas
30" x 40"

If you want to see more of my art, please check out my website

www.caroljacobsen.com


or make an appointment to visit me at my studio
Industrial Center Building Studio 330B
480 Gate 5 Road, Sausalito, CA
Please contact me at carolj94941@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment